Giacomini brass pressure-reducing valve is a high-quality pipeline pressure regulating valve. The valve can be adjusted directly at the construction site, and the pressure range is quite broad.
To better understand the Giacomini pressure relief valve and how to install it, please read the full description of this Tiger Steel & Bao Tin Steel product.
Functions and advantages of Giacomini brass pressure reducing valve – Italy
Functions of Giacomini brass pressure reducing valve:
- It provides ports that distribute pressure and different flow rates in the pipeline.
- Used as a control valve for inline applications.
- Adjust the high-pressure water jet.
- Pressure regulation for vertical piping systems.
- Adjusting pressure in combined fire protection construction.
Advantages of Giacomini brass pressure-reducing valve:
- The body is made of 100% brass, monolithic cast, or chrome plated for high durability.
- The valve is designed with an indicator bonnet, helping the operator control the status of whether the valve is open or closed.
- The output pressure range can be adjusted easily.
- The pressure range that the valve can be adjusted is wide: from 65 – 175 Psi.
- Valve installation is extremely easy via a threaded connection. And the valve is fully adjustable to fit the pipe being fitted.
- Only one type of copper pressure-reducing valve, but can be used in many different stages.
Giacomini brass pressure reducing valve specifications
Specifications of model A201
Specifications of model A202
Specifications of model A203
Specifications of model A204
How to install Giacomini brass pressure-reducing valve
To make it easier for you to imagine, Tiger Steel& Bao Tin Steel will use a fire protection construction model.
Instructions for the use, maintenance, installation, and operation of the valve
Note: The instructions for use presented below may not describe any particular valve in detail. To use each type of valve safely and effectively. Please read and double-check the user manual for each product, which is included with each package.
Instructions for preservation in transport and storage
- Lubricating with oil
- Wrap with a plastic bag
Safety measures for pipe connection
Measures before installing the valve
- Be sure to ensure enough space for the connection to the product’s piping when considering operation, maintenance, inspection, and repair.
- Be careful not to put undue pressure on the valve and, if necessary, install additional pipe supports, etc.
- If the pipe expands or contracts due to temperature changes, take measures to absorb the expansion and contraction.
- Do not remove the dust cover attached to the product until just before installing the piping. Particular attention should be paid to anti-rust and anti-dust measures for products not treated with oil. In addition, a check valve may have an additional gasket fixed to the valve body. Be sure to remove these protective measures (dust cap and gasket) when installing them into the pipeline.
- Depending on valve specifications, desiccant (rust prevention) such as silica gel may be used for the valve. Be sure to remove this desiccant (anti-corrosion agent) before installing it into the pipeline.
- Before connecting the product, remove the cutting oil, workpiece, foreign matter, etc. from the connection and inside the pipe. At the same time, thoroughly clean the inner and outer surfaces of the valve.
- Also, make sure that there are no harmful scratches on the joints (flanges, threads, welds, etc.).
Measures during and after valve installation
- For products with restricted flow direction (Check valve, …), note the direction of the arrow indicated on the valve body before mounting. So that it is in the same direction as the desired flow.
- If the front and rear pipelines of the check valve are used, a reducer is used. Please note, the check valve must be installed at a distance of 5 times or more from the collector. To ensure that the valve works properly and is not affected by unstable flow, eddy currents form after the fitting.
- When installing butterfly valves or butterfly check valves near welding fittings, threaded fittings, etc. Install the accessory as far upstream as possible. If installed downstream, install in the direction of the same flow rate on the left and right sides of the valve body.
- Gently open the relief valve and butterfly valve before opening the pipeline. If the pipeline is operated with the valve fully closed; the valve may no longer open. Or if force is used to try to open it, it can damage the valve disc, the suspension system (elastic parts, shock absorbers such as springs, …) of the valve or valve seat.
How to install threaded connection valves
- When threading pipes, use the thread standard suitable for the valve product used.
- For the sealing material of the threaded part (melt tape, …), use a material suitable for the working fluid, temperature, etc. Also, make sure that sealing material does not enter the valve.
- Do not use a wrench on the product to work with pipes.
- When connecting the product to the pipe, use a suitable tool such as a wrench at the end of the connection on the side closest to the pipe as shown in the figure.
- The valve will be damaged due to the pipe ends being bumped when screwed too tight. Please turn gently, just enough to run the thread in the valve.
- For threaded ball valves, do not apply force in the (counterclockwise) direction. This will loosen the bond between the body and the cap.
=> See more instructions for use packaged with each product.
Flange valve installation guide
- Gradually tighten the bolts with an equal force so that the bolts on the diagonal are not tightened unevenly according to the procedure illustrated in the figure. Tighten the bolts at least twice.
- Use washers that meet the conditions of use and do not protrude on the inside diameter side of the connector face.
- Do not use gaskets for butterfly valves when the sealing ring is integrated with the rubber plate.
- When fitting flanged valves with the outside surface lined or coated. Use beveled flat washers or the like to avoid damage to the lining surface when tightening bolts.
=> See more instructions for use packaged with each product.
Be careful when using, operating
Notes on valve maintenance
- Sound of liquid passing
- Operating feeling
- Movement of the valve body.
- Let the liquid pass through the bypass valve
- Equalize the pressure between the upstream and downstream sides of the main valve, etc.
When a liquid with a high temperature such as steam is allowed to pass through. It takes time for the valve to reach a steady state with temperature. The temperature is as uniform as possible so as not to cause adverse effects such as:
- Thermal deformation
- Uneven dilation
- Gas stagnation, air release, etc.
- Install more pressure relief valve
- Following valve operating procedures does not create a closed pipeline.
It is recommended to periodically change the open/closed state of the valve. To avoid deterioration of serviceability or sticking of moving parts of the valve.